• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC profile won't show up (Win10)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a hahnemühle icc profile via right click install. It does show up in the color management, but it wont show up in lightroom...

The strange part is, some icc profiles WILL show up. But not all.

If you look at the photos:

1. The color management tab. The Hahnemühle glossy icc shows up

2. Lightroom "others" profile tab, the bright withe icc shows up, but not the glossy icc...

I tried to install it multiple times. To manualy copy it into the windows icc folder. To restart Lightroom CC. To uninstall and reinstall CC. To restart. To uninstall and install the profile again. Its driving me nuts. Help would be apprechiated...

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Like most Adobe applications, Lightroom Classic has a folder for icc profiles in the User folder.

On Windows, the path to this folder is C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Color Profiles

Try putting a copy of the profile in this folder, then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/my bad, WIN 10 in the descrption

MAC or WIN? If MAC did you use Safari to download. Apparently an issue.

see:  https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/icc-profile/installing-profiles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a silly question, You did restart LrC if it was opened while installing the profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I restarted, rebooted, updated, uninstalled/innstalled both the profile as well as LR ...;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, in the link below, scroll to the bottom, see second from bottom

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/icc-profiles-not-in-other.30301/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is curious in that some icc profiles are visible and as you say some are not.

Can I suggest you track and log each profile to check if it is in the correct folder as required by Lightroom?
Also there is good tested information in the Lightroomqueen link above from davidg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most Adobe applications, Lightroom Classic has a folder for icc profiles in the User folder.

On Windows, the path to this folder is C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Color Profiles

Try putting a copy of the profile in this folder, then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked!!! Thank you!

It is interesting. All the other Adobe documentation as well as their customer support said "just right click and coose install profile". And it did work for the photo rag profile. But not for the glossy profile. Their answer was that the .icc profile must be corrupt somehow. 

I will attach the actual icc profiles as well in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines