• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Count Extremely Off

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a duplicate or back-up on another external drive. I can see all the images in the import preview darkened to not import duplicates and it will not import any however when I look at the library view there are substantially fewer images and I can't see them.  I can look at the drive I copied from and see them all. This new drive is showing 23,877 and the original drive is showing 248,704. I can look at the size and count on the drives and they match.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are really, Actually, creating a Duplicate set of image FILES on another drive, Internal or External, as a Backup of all your photographs that BACKUP set of FILES should NOT be imported into the LrC Catalog file.

So I suggest you stop trying to do that as it is not how LrC is designed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thoroughly support the post from JSM, but can you post a screen shot of your LR interface to clarify for me?

LR Classic uses a database to reference your image files, and some people here use a cloud storage solution to save precious image files in more than one place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines