Highlighted

Image edit settings reset when switching from Library to Develop mode

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I am having this weird issue for a while and it hasn't changed for me with any updates in the last two years. Occasionally, when I'm looking through my already edited images in Library mode, sometimes when I switch back to Develop mode to edit a particular image again, it's settings that I already adjusted  before just dissapear and all values go back to original raw image, even when pressing ctrl+z to reverse it just goes back to Library mode leaving you with an unedited image, LR doesn't even record this reset being made and it's not a reset misclick because it's frequent and only happens when you switch between Library and Develop modes. It's very frustrating since some of the edits take quite a while to put all the filters and values back how you want them to be. I think it may be related if the image was cropped or not, but makes no sense anyways. Anyone had this issue? This happens like at least a few times a day when you are actively editing images and I don't see any particular pattern for it.

My Lightroom CC is always updated. Tried reinstalling before. I have used several different SSD drives, also a local pc drive - all the same. Always in latest windows, dell xps15, nvidia gtx 1050, nvidia studio drivers, pc in good shape, 16gb ram, i7-7700HQ @ 2,80ghz (8 cpus).

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image edit settings reset when switching from Library to Develop mode

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I am having this weird issue for a while and it hasn't changed for me with any updates in the last two years. Occasionally, when I'm looking through my already edited images in Library mode, sometimes when I switch back to Develop mode to edit a particular image again, it's settings that I already adjusted  before just dissapear and all values go back to original raw image, even when pressing ctrl+z to reverse it just goes back to Library mode leaving you with an unedited image, LR doesn't even record this reset being made and it's not a reset misclick because it's frequent and only happens when you switch between Library and Develop modes. It's very frustrating since some of the edits take quite a while to put all the filters and values back how you want them to be. I think it may be related if the image was cropped or not, but makes no sense anyways. Anyone had this issue? This happens like at least a few times a day when you are actively editing images and I don't see any particular pattern for it.

My Lightroom CC is always updated. Tried reinstalling before. I have used several different SSD drives, also a local pc drive - all the same. Always in latest windows, dell xps15, nvidia gtx 1050, nvidia studio drivers, pc in good shape, 16gb ram, i7-7700HQ @ 2,80ghz (8 cpus).

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.  I don't know if this could be the reason for the problem, but give it a try. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the history to see for sure if the develop settings were reset? I'm wondering if it is just a difference in the preview used for the Library module, versus the preview in the Develop module?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0