• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Resizing Issues- Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having issues with exporting photos recently... I used to have an occasional issue, but now it's not allowing me to resize my photos on export and restrict the file size. 

Original photo is 5.35 mb and 3024x4032 size. When I export the file, I change the photo size to adjust to 700 width, limit to 50% quality, add watermark, and export as jpg. 100pixels/inch. Sharpen for screen standard. I click the button that says limit file size to 150kb. 

I get a warning stating that it won't export because the file can't save that small. NO BIG DEAL. I've had this happen in the past... I increase the amount a bit and usually I can get it under 400 kb. 

But I've been having CONSTANT issues with this now... and it WILL NOT SAVE the file under 1-3mb size. Shouldn't the file be able to save at a smaller size with those settings? Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DIY

If you could post the exact OS and LRC versions it might help someone to contextualise your issue a little more.

I wondering if you are using a Preset for this: but could you post screenshot of the Export window, using the inline "Insert Photos" icon and not the "Insert/Edit link" icon from the posting window?

It looks like your image file is coming from a phone camera? Is that correct? And is that image already imported into your Library prior to the Export process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following will probably receive disagreement, but.

Two sections of the Export Dialog, File Settings, and Image Sizing. These can confuse one another.

I find that doing both Limit File Size, in the File Settings, AND doing anything in Image Sizing, leads to failure. Do not do both. Leave the Limit File Size option unchecked if you are going to use Image Sizing.

Also, in File Settings, the Quality, typically 80% will do for a reduction, not really required to go lower, BUT before you go lower, test the results via Image Sizing, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I'd concur with GoldingD that you only need to go to 80% on the jpg Quality setting and its perceptually pointless to go to 100%.

That might provide a partial solution if the other Properties in the Preset you are creating play ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines