Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images migrating from LR to Picasa

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR folks,

I am losing sleep over this. Again, after loading images into LR and editing one, I closed the program as usual. I wanted to just look at the Picasa content. Sure enough, the images were already in Picasa and the question marks were then on the folders in LR. How does this happen? My computer consultant had automated an intra Picasa function and is convinced that it has nothing to do with that automation. If he is correct, where do I go other than eliminating Picasa? My wife uses Picasa and wants it to stay. Does anyone know of a program that could substitute for Picasa that is basic and simple and will not appropriate the LR files?

Thanks,

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "an intra Picasa function"?

It sounds like this function may be moving the photos out of their folder and on to Picasa- resulting in the 'Missing' photos in the Lr Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC

Thank you for answering. In order to move images into Picasa from Elements, which I used to do, I would have to title the folder, go into Picasa and find the file listed and then hit 'move folder into Picasa.' This 'intraPicasa' work was automated so that as soon as I made a folder in Elements, the images were moved into Picasa. When I started using LR I noted that the images would be in Picasa soon after I uploaded them into LR. LR, of course, blew a gasket and could not process the images since it didn't know where they were. I learned how to retrieve these files to LR but it is a pain and doesn't work all that well and makes editing impossible if Develop Module cannot find them. This automation may be the problem but my computer guy says it is highly unlikely. Any ideas welcome!

Thanks, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your computer guy is ignorant of how Lightroom works!

You have to STOP this automatic 'Move' of files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines