Highlighted

Images no longer stack after saved from photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before update, if I go Edit in>Open as Layers in Photoshop>Save the PSD file, it would stack those together. It is no longer do so. Any tips on how I might able to get the function back?

Stack with the original option is ticked. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

I've done a couple of tests and images that are opened in Ps as Layers do not stack with any of the images that had been selected and opened in Ps as Layers even if they are in the same folder.

I think this is the way it should be. In my tests the images were right next to each other sorted by capture time.

WobertC poses a good question. "Which ONE of the original images should that new TIF or PSD file be Stacked with"?

I think, I Am Assuming, you are remembering this wrong.

In fact I Know you are remembering this incorrectly.

I just did a test in Lr 5.7.1 and the 3 images that I sent as Layers to Ps 2020 did not Stack with any of the 3 original images when saved as a TIF file. How could it, Which one of the 3 should it stack with?

I can Manually stack the new TIF with any of the original 3 but that is not doing it automatically. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images no longer stack after saved from photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before update, if I go Edit in>Open as Layers in Photoshop>Save the PSD file, it would stack those together. It is no longer do so. Any tips on how I might able to get the function back?

Stack with the original option is ticked. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

I've done a couple of tests and images that are opened in Ps as Layers do not stack with any of the images that had been selected and opened in Ps as Layers even if they are in the same folder.

I think this is the way it should be. In my tests the images were right next to each other sorted by capture time.

WobertC poses a good question. "Which ONE of the original images should that new TIF or PSD file be Stacked with"?

I just did a test in Lr 5.7.1 and the 3 images that I sent as Layers to Ps 2020 did not Stack with any of the 3 original images when saved as a TIF file. How could it, Which one of the 3 should it stack with?

I can Manually stack the new TIF with any of the original 3 but that is not doing it automatically. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a smart collection when you send the image to Photoshop perhaps? Smart collections do not support stacks. Als be aware that stacks are local, not global. If you send an image to Photoshop while you are in Collection A, then the result gets stacked in Collection A, but not in Collection B.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same- No stacks, with 'Stack with Original' option ticked.

But can you tell me which image in Lightroom Should the Ps file be stacked with? (Consider the photos for Ps layers might be in different folders!)

Some experimenting may tell me if the new Ps file is placed (by Filename sort) next to the LrC image that is the 'Most selected', of if it is placed next to the image in the topmost layer of Photoshop. TIme to experiment 🙂

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0