Highlighted

Images not Exporting Properly From Lr to Ps

Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues exporting a raw image from Lr (Lightroom Classic 9.2) to Ps (Photoshop 21.1). I use to click Ctrl + E and Ps would open with the raw image. Here's what's different, it does open in Ps, however the Ps window does not overly onto Lr, the Ps icon is activated in my toolbar and if I hover over it I can see the image, now I have to click the Ps icon for the image to open fully in Ps.  I am current and up to date on everything, this has been going on for about 2 weeks now.  I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling Lr & Ps but this makes me a bit nervous. I've created presets in Lr & actions in Ps I don't want to lose, will I lose these if I re-install? Any thoughts or possible solutions? Than ks for reading.

Asus Prime Z390-A, LGA1151, Intel Core i9-9900K (Unlocked) Not Overclocked, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(2x16GB) DDR 4 3000, MSI GTX 1060 6 GB, Samsung V-NAND SSD 950 PRO M.2 NVM Express 512GB (C-Drive, O/S Windows 10 Home 64-bit, & Programs)

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images not Exporting Properly From Lr to Ps

Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues exporting a raw image from Lr (Lightroom Classic 9.2) to Ps (Photoshop 21.1). I use to click Ctrl + E and Ps would open with the raw image. Here's what's different, it does open in Ps, however the Ps window does not overly onto Lr, the Ps icon is activated in my toolbar and if I hover over it I can see the image, now I have to click the Ps icon for the image to open fully in Ps.  I am current and up to date on everything, this has been going on for about 2 weeks now.  I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling Lr & Ps but this makes me a bit nervous. I've created presets in Lr & actions in Ps I don't want to lose, will I lose these if I re-install? Any thoughts or possible solutions? Than ks for reading.

Asus Prime Z390-A, LGA1151, Intel Core i9-9900K (Unlocked) Not Overclocked, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(2x16GB) DDR 4 3000, MSI GTX 1060 6 GB, Samsung V-NAND SSD 950 PRO M.2 NVM Express 512GB (C-Drive, O/S Windows 10 Home 64-bit, & Programs)

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider  resetting the Photoshop preference file

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/reset-photoshop-preferences/

mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3>Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.2.1, PS 21.1.3; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10.0.18363,
mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if this will delete my actions I've created?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a clue,

mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3>Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.2.1, PS 21.1.3; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10.0.18363,
mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions from PS? No, resetting preferences will not. This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box.  You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great I'll give it a try, Thanks-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick, many thanks-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines