Highlighted

Images on External Drive missing and only appearing when selecting locate image one by in catalog

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just started my Lightroom up and notice that my images on my external hard drive are missing. Not only was there a question mark but there is a 0 next to every folder. All images are under the Catalog drop down but when I select locate on one image, it only locates that image and suddenly it appears in the external drive folder and the question mark is gone. However, even though checked find near by missing images it doesn't locate any other images. How can I reconnect all of them without selecting one by one? 

Lightroom Troubleshooting folders.jpg

Thank you!

Wieke

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images on External Drive missing and only appearing when selecting locate image one by in catalog

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just started my Lightroom up and notice that my images on my external hard drive are missing. Not only was there a question mark but there is a 0 next to every folder. All images are under the Catalog drop down but when I select locate on one image, it only locates that image and suddenly it appears in the external drive folder and the question mark is gone. However, even though checked find near by missing images it doesn't locate any other images. How can I reconnect all of them without selecting one by one? 

Lightroom Troubleshooting folders.jpg

Thank you!

Wieke

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help us out, show us the screen capture where the question mark appears on every folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

andd pay attention to part 2.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, well I didn't someone else did but after searching a good three hours now I found this https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-folders-are-suddenly-empty/td-p/10963625?... and it solved it. My images were in the catalog tied to another folder that didn't really exist. I assume it happened due to switching from a Mac to a PC or something. Thank you for your attempt to help me. This community has saved me now for the second time. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines