Highlighted

Images Suddenly Destroyed whilst using Lightroom

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going back and editing some pictures from a couple of years ago which were in my lightroom catalogue on an external disk. After editing the image and returning to the gallery view (pressing G), suddenly the image developed horrible color bands across it. After a couple of images this repeated on another image as well. Anyone else have this problem currently?

My guess is there is some corruption of data - i dont know if this is a problem with lightroom or the external hard disk though. I use a Mac and checked the disk for errors using disk utility and it found none. I tried to then open the image in photoshop directly (in case it was just the lightroom library preview which was bad), but the image seems destroyed at the raw file level itself!

Please help!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images Suddenly Destroyed whilst using Lightroom

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going back and editing some pictures from a couple of years ago which were in my lightroom catalogue on an external disk. After editing the image and returning to the gallery view (pressing G), suddenly the image developed horrible color bands across it. After a couple of images this repeated on another image as well. Anyone else have this problem currently?

My guess is there is some corruption of data - i dont know if this is a problem with lightroom or the external hard disk though. I use a Mac and checked the disk for errors using disk utility and it found none. I tried to then open the image in photoshop directly (in case it was just the lightroom library preview which was bad), but the image seems destroyed at the raw file level itself!

Please help!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file has been corrupted. This is caused by a hardware malfunction somewhere. Restore (copy) a backup to the location of the original.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 1