• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images viewed in Develop module look different to Loupe/Grid/exported/externally edited images

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the following issue.  Basically images appear with higher contrast/saturation in the Develop module than in all of the below
  • Grid view
  • Loupe View
  • Exported to JPG with that file then viewed in an external application such as Mac Finder or Photomechanic
  • Edited in Photoshop, either edited in Adobe RGB or sRGB
  • Images appear consistent in the above four options - less saturated and less contrasty than viewed in Lightroom Develop

In all cases, I’m viewing the above on a BenQ SW270c display, connected to a MacBook Pro.   I hardware colour calibrate the display using Palette Master Element software and the Xrite i1 Display Pro device, with the following settings:

Display
White point - D65 fine 
RGB Primary - Adobe RGB
Luminance - 120
Gamma - 2.2
Blackpoint absolute zero.   I have also experimented with Relative
Mode  xy

Measurement
Profile distribution - system 
Profile Type -  Matrix best
Patch size large

I have seen post on the forum on similar subjects which suggest the calibration is the issue, but I don’t see how that can be the issue as I’m viewing everything on the same display, and the issue is that the Develop-viewed images relative to the other viewed/exported/edited images are different.   On the same display.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Best

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll repost what I wrote in a very similar thread: (make sure to read the whole thread)

The Benq Palette Master software is known to be buggy, and there have been many posts similar to yours.

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version.

Then recalibrate, and make sure to create a version 2 (not version 4), matrix based (not table based) profile.

I'm not familiar with Palette Master, so I'm not sure what options there are. You may have to go into advanced settings, or similar.

If the problem persists, I suggest that you calibrate using the software that came with your calibrator.

I have seen post on the forum on similar subjects which suggest the calibration is the issue, but I don’t see how that can be the issue as I’m viewing everything on the same display, and the issue is that the Develop-viewed images relative to the other viewed/exported/edited images are different. On the same display.

It is possible for a defective monitor profile to work with one application, and not work with another.

In this context, Library and Develop can be considered as two different applications.

You'll also find information in the thread I linked to suggesting that Palette Master may fail to load the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines