Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Aperture Images to Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks - 

I've been running Aperture on an older laptop and am finally going to make the leap to Lightroom.

But I've got a crux. I haven't updated my MacOS so I could keep running Aperture. But now I can't update Adobe to run Lightroom Classic because the OS is too out of date.

Any advice? Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you can move your images and your Aperture catalog over to the new computer (or the external drive or wherever you keep it), no problem. Simply, from the File (menu) select "Import from Another Catalog" and you should be good to go.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be specific. What is the version NUMBER of your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.8.5 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you are in a tough position here. Adobe does not sell any version of Lightroom Classic that will run on OSX 10.8.5. You will need OSX 10.13 or later to run Lightroom Classic.

So basically, few choices, none of them are pleasant. Upgrade your operating system (which means a new computer) or keep using Aperture on your old Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines