Exit

import Aperture to Lightroom classic fails with internal error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MBP OSX 10.15.3

LR Classic 9.2

Trying to import my old Aperture catalogue into LR classic but it fails every time with the error message "An internal errror has occured. ?:0: attempt to index a nil value.

I have actually had this problem for several years with older versions of LR and Mac OS. Since I could not get it solved back then, I patiently waited hoping the issue would magically be solved at some future revision. No other support references to this error code helped solve the issue. Since I have just upgraded to a new MBP 16" and am trying to consolidate and optimise my photo workflow on LR classic and LRCC, I thought it was time to solve this and import my old Aperture catalogue with 200gb of images. Here is what I have tried:
1. Import original 200gb Aperture catalogue = fail

2. Subdivide Aperture catalogue into 3 smaller parts from about 45gb to 90gb. = same failure

3. Remove LR preferences and allow new ones to be created. = fail

4. Optimise cataloge. also backup and optimise. = fail

5. Check permissions on files - all look correct - still fail

As I am now on OSX Catalina I can no longer open Aperture, so I am hoping that any solution does not require that!

Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated. Worse comes to worse, I will have to import the images all over and loose all my keywords and edits - obviously I would prefer not to have that happen!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have a particular plug-in enabled. This one being Logitech Options? Known buggy plug-in that causes that exact error message, normally just annoying.

The Logitech Options is for use when you have one of those Logitech Mice or Keyboards that you can assign buttons/wheels to accomplish Lightroom shortcuts. not for normal mouse/keyboard use.

If you have it, disable it, test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And check your plug-ins for issues, see if in plug-in manager, errors are presented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I had seen elsewhere that the Logitech plugin was an issue. I have assumed this was a LR specific plugin verses a system plugin - is that correct? If so, there is no logitech plugin listed in LR. The LR plugins listed are:

• AdobeStock
  • Aperture/iPhone Importer Plig-in
  • Facebook
  • Flickr
  • Nikon Tether Plugin

The only one I know I installed is the Nikon tether.

Should I disable all plug-ins except the Aperture importer and test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, you do not have that issue, too bad, easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines