• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import as a Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not import an exported catalog after updating to MacOS Big Sur.  The export process is ok but importing as a catalog doesn't work.   The files are not imported.  I end up doing this manually.

I export on my Macbook Pro and then import on my iMac.  Both are updated to BigSur 11.1 with no isssues.

thanks

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic?

What is the exact unedited complete word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.1 which is the latest.

There was no error message. The images appear but without content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you upgrade your Mac OS to Big Sur?

Was the Mac OS that was on your computer broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. I heard from Adobe that Big Sur was now compatible with the
latest Lightroom Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't see how asking about the motivation for upgrading an OS is a relevant (or even a terribly polite) question. People have lots of reasons for upgrading.

Are you implying that Lightroom Classic is not compatible with Big Sur? Or that there are pertinent unresolved bugs on Big Sur? That would be the useful information to share, but I have a MacBook Air running Big Sur and LRC 10.1 has no obvious problems there. FWIW, at the moment I have serious problems with LRC 10.1 on my Mac Pro desktop running Catalina, but I don't think upgrading the OS will fix them (seems like a hardware issue in LRC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“The images appear but without content.”

Can you show us a screen capture? Include the screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is a "preview" without an image but no image file has been
moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I ask for a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screen shots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached some screen shots but they don't seem to go thru to the support communityScreen Shot 2020-12-27 at 10.35.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-27 at 10.38.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-27 at 10.38.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that correct, that you have Users/johnlgardiner/Pictures twice in your folder path? How does this folder appear in your operating system? Can you show us your operating system showing the full path and one of these file names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was another attempt.  Screen shots of the library file folder tree and finder.   Only the folder was created in Library and there is nothing in Finder.Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 12.57.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.02.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.03.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youd didn't answer the question. Is there really a folder path in your operating system with TWO consecutive Users/johnlgardiner/Pictures?

In your operating system, under Pictures is Users. What is under there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you have a catalog on two computers, catalog in internal drive. Trying to work with old catalog on new computer. 

So catalog exported/imported

What about photos?

Remember, the photos are not in the catalog.

Did the catalog export 9nclude optional w/pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines