• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

***!! Import button greyed out when importing previously removed photos??!!

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

I Stupidly moved some images from one folder on my pc to another , i then got an error in Lightroom saying 'file could not be found, I Then decided to remove all the missing photographs out of lightroom and import them back in from the file I Moved them too on my pc , but when i try too the import button is greyed out ?? how do i get round this ? or import them back in ? - sorry about my grammar BTW 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import does not solve the "File cannot be found" error. It simply is the wrong thing to do. That's not the purpose of Import.

When you move photos, you can fix this "File cannot be found" error via these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , 

Thanks for the document but it doesnt really solve the problem - I've already deleted the folders that the images were stored In and moved the images to a new folder on my local drive , Ive also deleted the missing photos from Lightroom.... as i didnt know how to fix the problem i thought if i did this i could just start again , ie just import the new folder i moved the images too.....so to sum up : 

1. I moved images from one folder to another

2 .The images that were moved from one folder on my pc to them appeared in lightroom as 'file could not be found ' 

3 i removed all these photos from lightroom

4 im now trying to restore them by importing them back in from the folder that their now located in but the import button is greyed out ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Import button is still greyed out, then Lightroom still thinks the photos are in lightroom. so, you have to figure out why Lightroom thinks this is the case. Click on "All Photographs", then turn off all filters, then search for one of these photos in question by using the Filter Bar and searching for the photo by file name. what do you find?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot please. And show the entire import screen.

And paste it in, please do not attach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiosity

If you move them back to the folder they were in before you deleated/moved them, what shows up in import?

Now, do not import them, just see if they show up as thumbnails, and are they grayed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow the procedures outlined in this link to realign Lightroom with the "missing" photos:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines