• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Button Missing!

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the box to use smart previews while editing but then the import button disappeared! I've unchecked the box and quit and restarted but I can't get the button back. It just gives the option to export. And now, every time that I quit LrC I get an error message that LR quit unexpectedly and asks to send a report. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I checked the box to use smart previews while editing but then the import button disappeared!"

Do you mean the Import button in the Library Module at the bottom left? I do not have this problem when I check the box to use Smart Previews. Can you use the menu command File->Import Photos and Videos?

Before we can provide additional help, please provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR version is 10.0 and I'm running it on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. The import button is missing in all collections including an empty collection. I also tried to open raw files outside of Lr using "open in application" and it wouldn't open those either. It just opened to an existing collection.Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.20.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider resetting your preferences. Doing so can help resolve a lot of strange issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, I'm resetting now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences didn't work. I'm going to restart my computer just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the menu item I suggested?

Anyway, I think @JP Hess 's suggestion will solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option in the menu to import images. I'm resetting my preferences now. I couldn't find a button so Jim's link was very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the menu command to import images

2020-11-12 12_35_35-Greenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you end up finding a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The import button should be at bottom left just above the filmstrip in Library module. If you can't see it, then try resetting the LrC preference file as described in Method 1 in below linked Adobe Help document.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines