• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import, Copy as DNG; some images not importing

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that when 'Copy as DNG' is selected to import images, some images are not getting imported. I've just run an import from a card, 307 images,  only 285 actually imported.

I don't normally use Copy as DNG but Lightroom has this way of switching 'Copy' to 'Copy as DNG' from time to time, without warning or notice. Which makes the missing import images doubly worrying. I wonder how many images I've inadvertently chucked away in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were all the images you were importing raw files? Or were there some Jpegs in there as well?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. I have never had this issue.

Can you see all files using File Explorer/Finder? Do they all show in Import dialogue box in Lightroom?

Just trying to see if there isn't anything corrupted.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kimaldis  wrote

I don't normally use Copy as DNG but Lightroom has this way of switching 'Copy' to 'Copy as DNG' from time to time, without warning or notice.

I have never had this happen to me. If my last import was using Copy then the next time I open the import dialog it defaults to Copy. If I had Add selected then it defaults to Add.

Only if I use an import Preset does that change the default from the last import and then the default becomes whatever the preset specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been something that's plagued me for years in Lightroom. MacOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, yes, obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines