Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import D850 star rating on images

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is there a way to make LR import the star rating I set on photographs on the Nikon D850? I can import the photos with the star rating on other software but LR seems to ignore it. Or is this another case of Adobe thinking we should do things their way 😕 (Sorry Adobe, we love you really - sometimes ) - I'm hoping it's just a setting and I'm a total Muppet for not finding it.

Cheers all,

Terry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

1. In the Import window, make sure Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None:

Then try importing a never-before-imported photo. Does the problem still occur?  If not, you may have been using an Import Metadata preset that was clearing or setting the rating.

2. If that doesn't help, upload a never-before-imported photo that's been rated in-camera to Dropbox or similar, and post the sharing link here. That will help us identify the problem. Google shows some people reporting that the D850's star

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry,

Lightroom imports the metadata from the XMP files associated with the images you import. If your camera is saving them in a globalized format then Lightroom should be able to import them. You may use ExifTool to check how your Camera is saving the "rating" field.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In the Import window, make sure Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None:

Then try importing a never-before-imported photo. Does the problem still occur?  If not, you may have been using an Import Metadata preset that was clearing or setting the rating.

2. If that doesn't help, upload a never-before-imported photo that's been rated in-camera to Dropbox or similar, and post the sharing link here. That will help us identify the problem. Google shows some people reporting that the D850's star ratings don't import into LR, but they're not necessarily reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I had a metadata import set which added copyright to all the import files and that set overwrote most of the settings. Yay, thank you for taking the time to help me solve this; appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines