Highlighted

Import duplication

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I transfer images from the desk top to Lightroom Classic I am getting 2 of each picture. 

Can anyone help me to stop this happening.

Many thanks

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import duplication

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I transfer images from the desk top to Lightroom Classic I am getting 2 of each picture. 

Can anyone help me to stop this happening.

Many thanks

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a friend do the same thing. When you Import, which option do you chose and where do you put it?

2020-07-19_10-17-22.png

If you have some photos in a folder called "My daily photos" and you MOVE them into a folder called "My daily photos," you will be adding each image back to the same folder they came from. On the Mac they will be given separate names, e.g., "myphoto.jpg" and "myphoto-2.jpg." (Not sure how this is dealt with on the PC.)

LR-D doesn't really care where the images are only so long as you do not move them outside of LR (do not move them in the Finder or Explorer). Personally, rather than having folders of images all over the place I prefer to have all of my images contained within one folder (and many subfolders). So when I import, I always make sure they will be placed into another folder of my chosing.

Does that make sense?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transfer the images via wifi to my laptop (mac), and they go into a folder. I drop the folder into lightroom to import.

It has only started doing this when i started using RAW. 

Very strange as on my camera it is set to RAW only not jpeg and RAW

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the import screen, over on the right, look for option to create duplicates.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, as you previously copied them from the SD card in the camera to a hard drive via WiFi, When you accomplished the import in LrC, did you select ADD or Copy as method?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add is already selected on LR and i havent changed that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing your files, did you choose to Add, Copy, or Move your files? I am guessing that you already had the image on the hard drive and used Copy, which can cause this issue.

warmly,j

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add is set on lightroom and I havent changed it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0