• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Error: Connecting to Dynamic Link Server Failed

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to import file sinto a brand new LR Catalog when I got this message...here's the entire error message:

"An unknown error has occurred while reading the video file. Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed. (98)"

Connecting to Dynamic Link Server Failed

this was then followed by a list of files of these types:

.mov

.m4v

.3gp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Adobe support fixed my issue On a Mac doing the following:

Quit LR

From the Finder type: (CMD-SHIFT_G) OR from GO Menu

Enter path: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/

Rename the following folders with a .old OR delete the directory

dynamiclinkmediaserver

dynamiclinkmanager

DyanmicLinkMediaServer

Open LR and Import Video files as usual. Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius!!!!!! Thank you so much for such a simple but totally effective fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found and deleted the files. But when I tried taking a video with my iPhone and then synching it with the LR mobile app that synchs to my local desktop application... I get the same error and these files re-appear in file explorer.  +

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

such a big joke with no news from adobe...
Videos still not working on import and playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just Updated to last version 7.4, and i still doesnt' work !

Well done adobe, it's a really good job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this fixed my issue as well.  I only had 2 processes open in the Activity Monitor, but deleted them and it worked.  I have made a copy of this info and saved it for future help.  Such a big help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.

Renamed those three files and still getting same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything posted on this forum and one or two more and nothing works.

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Lightroom Classic

2. Deleted the Dynamic Server folder

3. Opened Activity Monitor and quit the Dynamic Server processes

4. Disabled the Splash screen when starting Lightroom Classic

5. Changed all my .MP4 files from opening with Quicktime by default to now open with VLC

6. Tried to open the video files directly with Lightroom via 'Open With' in the Finder

7. Used Clean My Mac 3 to see if that helped. It didn't.

Nothing works. All my software is up to date. The files are from a Lumix G9 & GX8.

Adobe are you working on this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and also the same cameras. It is caused by importing a 6k video from the G9. It also happens when the video is converted with handbrake and it is repeatable. But the problem is solved when you close Lightroom. And then stop the processes with dynamic link in it. Start up Lightroom again and all the videos will work again.

Until now I did not find a solution for importing 6k videos from post focus.

I hope Adobe will solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything from this post and still not getting any help.  I am absolutely frustrated.  Should there some log file available to see the error detail for trouble shooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question should not be marked "answered" because this is still an active bug. Lightroom Classic: Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed while importing videos | Photoshop Famil...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely an active bug (an immortal one so it seems) and one I have been experiencing for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amazing, Still now, may 2019, moving towards the new photoshop Lightroom classic version all my mov files were not readable anymore until I found this tip. Thanks soo much!  jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED FOR ME -> For what it's worth, I was attempting to import 1000's of video files (short ones) into lightroom among my many photos and had the same issue.

After numerours trial and errors, the issues were only a few movie files that had 0sec run time.
These were basically video files I started and stopped right away for whatever reason.

It appears that adobe does not like that at all,especially when they are among many good video files, it will simply fail the complete import.

On a mac I ran the following command in terminal on the folder from where I was importing the files (

find . -type f -size -100000c)

to figure out which file sizes were below a certain value, and indeed based on that I tested the particular video files and these were all the 0sec videos. THERE IS A TRICK HOWEVER!, my process in case it got stuck again was:

1) Light room > Preferences > PURGE ALL CACHES.
2) Close Light room
3) Activity Monitor > Kill dynamiclinkmanager and dynamiclinkmediaserver
4) Start Light Room again
6) Import only the video files that DON'T have a 0sec Run time

Hope it helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. Is anyone finding any real solutions to this issue (MAC with all software up to date)? Have tried all the suggestion and just nothing works. 

Interestinly I uploded a short video to Lightroom online and it works but the file does not show up on Lightroom on my MacBook under All Synced Photographs as do all the still images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS. You give me hope! I'll try it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just incredibly frustrating. Even after remote access help from Adobe this works for one file and then, you have to do the routine againg. Basicly there is no solution. Adobe FIX this! Please.

Edit: just killing the operation seems to do the trick. But still, to have this hang on you all the time is super frustrating.

Edit2: Nope! even that doesn't work for more than like a couple of videos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've had the same or similar issues in Lightroom with video playback/ import not working at all. I've tried every solution I've come across online and none of it worked. After spending a few hours on the customer service chat, they remotely controlled my computer and eventually found a fix that worked. They did what is mentioned as the solution post, which didnt work for me. But the fix was similar to this posts, but for me it worked for different folders. Adobe Cust.Sup. went to (on Mac) Library/Application Support/Adobe, to rename a folder. and then also ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe to rename another folder . Theres 2 library folders, the user library, and system library, both are almost identical in which they both contain Application Support and Adobe folders inside each. So they renamed the folders named "Adobe" to "Adobe.old" in both locations. And that's what made the difference!  They then went on to run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to uninstall and then reinstall CC and Lr. I was shocked to see videos playing and new videos importing like normal again! I guess changing the two Adobe folders to Adobe.old before doing the reinstall made it do a completely fresh install, so any leftover files couldn't be recognized and possibly used again in the reinstall. But after finally getting this sorted out i just wanted to share what eventually fixed it for me in hopes it could help others. Made some edits, to try and clear up any complications. Would love to hear if this helped anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same error message, so tried this solution (renaming all the Dynamiclink folders to *.old in the Mac HD>Users>myusername>Library>Preferences>Adobe folder.  It did not work for me.  I don't frequently import videos, but I've never had a problem until recently.  I have the latest LR Classic running on iMac running MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra).  I saw another, more recent solution posted by CloudsAndCoral on 02-06-20 and am a bit confused about the instructions. First, I searched the System Library, MacHD>Library>Application Support>Adobe folder and couldn't find any Dynamiclink folders to rename.  Next I searched the User Library, MacHD>Users>myusername>Library>Application Support>Adobe folder.  There I did find dynamiclinkmediaserver folder. Is this the one to rename to *.old?  And where is the Cleaner Tool?  Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support reminded me to reboot my computer after renaming those Dynamiclinkmedia folders.  Now it works!  Duh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad you found a fix that worked for you.

To clear up anyothers who mightve had the same confusion for my previous post above,

For me the "dynamiclink" folder thing didnt work in my case, So after that didnt work,  for my situation, they went to those 2 folder locations i mentioned above, and renamed 2 diff folders both named "Adobe" to "Adobe.old" then used the adobe clearner tool to uninstall, then did a reinstall which ended up working.

Hope that clears up any confusion for others. 

would love to hear if this helped anyone! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do this on windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and the path /Library/Preferences/Adobe/ has nothing Adobe in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe and rename that Adobe folder to "Adobe.old" then do the same exact thing to Library/Application Support/Adobe (they look almost identicle, but they are two seperate folders in different locations). After both folders are renamed, use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall. I guess it helps to fully uninstall anything Adobe. Heres the link with instructions. (Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool)  Then reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud, and the program thats giving you trouble. After you will have 2 new Adobe folders in those same locations. If everything is all good and as it should be, and you arent missing anything, you can then delete the Adobe.old folders. 

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What solved this issue for me (on Windows) was to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 Update 4. Specifically, two DLLs were missing from my system and restored with that installer:

MSVCP110.dll
MSVCR110.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines