Highlighted

Import/Export Images - Workflow

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm setting up an editing business and I'm at the point of structuring my workflow for importing and exporting images for editing. 

Does anyone have a Send/Receive workflow in Lightroom that they can share?

Thank you so much! 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import/Export Images - Workflow

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm setting up an editing business and I'm at the point of structuring my workflow for importing and exporting images for editing. 

Does anyone have a Send/Receive workflow in Lightroom that they can share?

Thank you so much! 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more info.

Are you sending/receiving just the image files? Also the LR catalog?

How are you looking to transfer the files? Email? FTP? File sharing service like DropBox.com?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I'm at the very front end of this process mapping, so i'm looking at a variety of options. 

I think that i'll be receiving images from people in either LR catalog or just image files, depending on their level of experience with LR and how they manage their files. I want to be able to detail a couple of processes to my clients depending on what they are comfortable using. 

I'm not sure if there is best practice for receiving files to be edited for someone else...

To transfer back, i'm thinking either FTP or a file sharing service. Not quite made my mind up on that yet. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I know, a lot of these services take shipped drives with a catalog of images that they work. With the low cost and weight of SSD drives these days, it's very manageable. Clearly the SSD is copies of the original files for safety. 

Sean McCormack http://seanmccormack.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0