• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Fails

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took some photos this morning and my first card imported just fine.  I inserted the second card and now nothing is showing up in the Import module.  I even copied the images off the card to my hard drive and the Import module does not see any photos to import.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Hello @dlcphotos 

Please click on COPY (yes, I know you want to ADD, but click on COPY anyway)

Then, make sure the Destination Panel is present, and expanded, and points to a folder that actually exists. Then click back on ADD, and try the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom, what operating system, what camera model, raw or JPEG, can you see the images that you copied in your system browser? Please provide a few details, then perhaps someone can offer some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the request from JimHess for more information, show us a screen capture when you run into this problem where the Import module does not see any photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlcphotos_0-1601753045893.png

Here is the screenshot and it is selected on the directory that I manually copied to the drive from the card.  It doesn't matter what directory I select as nothing is displayed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you close Lightroom, and then open that folder with File Explorer, what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlcphotos_0-1601754215826.png

Yes, I see my images as expected. Those dots are airplanes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dlcphotos 

Please click on COPY (yes, I know you want to ADD, but click on COPY anyway)

Then, make sure the Destination Panel is present, and expanded, and points to a folder that actually exists. Then click back on ADD, and try the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer. You could try putting the images on a different drive and see if that makes a difference. Is there any chance the drive was asleep when you were in Lightroom? I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so that woke it up.  I guess the Destination folder in the Import-Module went MIA?

I figured it had to something dumb...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines