I use a custom renaming template when importing files. It uses a custom text with the import file's "Filename number suffix". this yields a name like "ip7-1234.heic" from "IMG_1234.HEIC". This has always worked for me. Now it is yielding names like "ip7-2-4.heic". So for an import of a few files it will name them as; "iph7-2-3, iph7-2-4, iph7-2-5". I've tried experimenting with different settings but nothing is conclusive. The only change I've made to my laptop is the Windows 2004 update.
This renaming is hosed whether I'm importing from my iPhone 7 or from my hard disk.
I uninstalled then reinstalled LR but no help.
I was able to correctly use the custom text, sequence number naming template.
Bug, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows