• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import files to LR6

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer able to import photos from my desktop to LR6. Could do this yesterday, but now unable to do so. Is this something I may have done or part of directing me to the "NEW" subscription LR? (imac)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain in detail what happens. If there is an error message, please quote the exact word-for-word error message.

Also please state your operating system version number (we need the version NUMBER and not words like "up-to-date" or "current")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX Catalina 10.15.3      I am trying to import a photo from my Desktop into LR for edititing. There are several items/photos on desktop,  but LR does not see them.   file/import photos and video/desktop 

.what I seewhat I see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MACOS  Catalina issue/change, Boot hard drive split into two volumes,  a system hard drive, read only, and a data hard drive . Supposidly the data volume having=ng the word data added to the drive name. User data and various other bits moved into the data volume.  Lightroom had an issue with that.

Navigate down into that second volume being shown and see if your file are in it.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/10/24/macos-catalina-hidden-volume/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right... They did what you said and I  see the two volumes, but Alas what I need is not shown. I will keep digging. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and do not forget, changes in security in Catalina.

Outside of Lightroom, bring up Catalina's System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, see if Lightroom is listed, make sure all boxes are checked.

Screenshit is for LRC, but gives the general idea

E3DEB636-E2DD-480E-B1F6-4BB392EA64D8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines