• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import From Another Catalog: Possible to resize Catalog Contents window to see full file path?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyne know if it's possible to resize (widen) the Catalog Contents window to see the full file path? I'm trying to import from another catalog, and I can't find the folders to import because the window is too small to see the file path. Turning off "show preview" does not help, the window can only be expanded vertically, not horizontally. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Tenderoni,

Gosh, you just threw me off. I was ready to answer one question but then realized that I had the answer to the wrong question. 

Funny, I've never tried to do what you are doing, GREAT question.

And as far as I can figure out, the answer is no.

However, you do have some areas where there can be clues: for example, it does list the number of photos in each folder. That may help. 

In addition, there is a checkbox in the bottom left corner and if recognizing some of the content helps, it might be sufficient. 

Otherwise, this is a great suggestion for https://feedback.photoshop.com

At a minimum, if mousing over a folder caused a popup to show the full path would provide some assistance.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the file in question. At the bottom of the context menu are "Show in Explorer/Finder" and "Properties".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My approach to this question might be different (not necessarily better!).

Importing (merging data) from Catalog {A} to Catalog {B}:

1) First open Catalog {A}

2) In Catalog {A} select all the Folders, or Files, or Collections that you want to 'transfer'

3) Do [Export as a Catalog]  Name it {C}

4) Open Catalog {B} and do [Import from another Catalog] selecting the temporary transfer Catalog {C}- No selecting of folders needed!

Delete Catalog {C}.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's an excellent workaround! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines