Highlighted

Import From Specific Directory

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I desperately need to have a way of assigning a directory as a FAVORITE to lightroom.

Everytime I import (several times a day) I must do the following in the source panel:

1. Click Macintosh HD
  2. Click Users
  3. Click Kay
  4. Click Documents
  5. Click Lightroom I/O

Then finally I can select the files I want and import.

I know it seems like extra steps but there are good reasons that I first import with “Image Capture”

1. I don’t want any video files coming into Lightroom
  2. If the pictures are from my iPhone in .HEIC format and Lightroom imports them directly then Lightroom also makes .jpg duplicate files of each one - but it doesn’t if they come from a directory instead of the iPhone plugged in to the iMac.
  3. Also Lightroom does not have the option of “Deleting from iPhone (or camera card) after import.  I do this with the “Image Capture program”.

Respectfully,
Kay Fisher
TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import From Specific Directory

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I desperately need to have a way of assigning a directory as a FAVORITE to lightroom.

Everytime I import (several times a day) I must do the following in the source panel:

1. Click Macintosh HD
  2. Click Users
  3. Click Kay
  4. Click Documents
  5. Click Lightroom I/O

Then finally I can select the files I want and import.

I know it seems like extra steps but there are good reasons that I first import with “Image Capture”

1. I don’t want any video files coming into Lightroom
  2. If the pictures are from my iPhone in .HEIC format and Lightroom imports them directly then Lightroom also makes .jpg duplicate files of each one - but it doesn’t if they come from a directory instead of the iPhone plugged in to the iMac.
  3. Also Lightroom does not have the option of “Deleting from iPhone (or camera card) after import.  I do this with the “Image Capture program”.

Respectfully,
Kay Fisher
TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe like feature request to be placed at the feedback site. Also, actual Adobe techs monitor the Feedback site, unlike this user site:

Go to;

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but their web site would not let me sign in.  It kept popping up a sign in dialogue and after I entered my adobeid it said success you can dismiss this dialog. but the home page still would force me to sign in again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommend you post the link to your feedback discussion in a reply for your own discussion in this community page, so others with the issue can hop over their to see what is occurring, and to add their self's if they also have the problem.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something seems odd. Lightroom should be remembering the last used folder for imports.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with ManiacJoe, even though he's a maniac.

Lightroom should remember. This may be solved by resetting your preference file. You can also try creating an Import preset to reduce your steps involved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that - no help.  Still doesn't remember input folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0