• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import images with different dates from one memory card without removing the memory card.

Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost embarassed to ask this because I feel like I should know it.  I frequently take photos on different days using the same memory card.  When I get around to processing the photos I like to order them by date taken and put them in folders by that date.  In order to do this, I have to insert the memory card, check the ones I want from a particular date, create and import them into a folder of the same date, eject the card, reinsert the card and select the next date and import the photos from that date and so on...

There has got to be an easier way than how I am doing it.  I use a Windows 10 machine and the latest version of Lightroom Classic.  Will anyone please share their method?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Import to date folder is relatively straight forward. See attached screenshot

import by date.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import to date folder is relatively straight forward. See attached screenshot

import by date.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course.  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines