• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Images with Sequence of 2

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an way to import or export pictures in Lightroom Classic with a sequence of 2.

e.g File_1; File_3, File_5 and so on.

Or do i have to write an external script to solve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

You can do this as an Export, but it requires extra steps. Select all of the files, right-click, and select Create Virtual Copies. Use the Filter Bar> Attribute to select just the virtual copies, and add a keyword such as Virtual. Export the files and choose the sequence renaming of your choice. Go to the Export folder location and use the Filter bar on the keyword you assigned above. Delete these even number file copies.

Just out of curiosity why do you need this sequence numbering? Perhaps w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Another option for 'Import':

Rename the files (in a hard-drive folder) BEFORE importing. Then use the [Add] option in the Import.

A File renamer like Lupas Rename can easily insert a sequence number incremented by 2.

ScreenShot084.jpg

ScreenShot083.jpg

Edit:  Silly me! included an .XMP file in the rename screen-clip. This would be a mistake!!

For 'Export' -you could export with a sequence 001,002,003,004,etc, then use Lupas Rename to 'Remove the Lr sequence numbers (the first 3 chaaracters) and insrt the alternate sequence 002

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to write that script.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this as an Export, but it requires extra steps. Select all of the files, right-click, and select Create Virtual Copies. Use the Filter Bar> Attribute to select just the virtual copies, and add a keyword such as Virtual. Export the files and choose the sequence renaming of your choice. Go to the Export folder location and use the Filter bar on the keyword you assigned above. Delete these even number file copies.

Just out of curiosity why do you need this sequence numbering? Perhaps we can come up with a better solution if we know what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using my camera to digitize my grandmothers photo albums.

I build a camera holder for this. So I'm first taking pictures of the odd sites. Then turn around the photo album an taking the even sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option for 'Import':

Rename the files (in a hard-drive folder) BEFORE importing. Then use the [Add] option in the Import.

A File renamer like Lupas Rename can easily insert a sequence number incremented by 2.

ScreenShot084.jpg

ScreenShot083.jpg

Edit:  Silly me! included an .XMP file in the rename screen-clip. This would be a mistake!!

For 'Export' -you could export with a sequence 001,002,003,004,etc, then use Lupas Rename to 'Remove the Lr sequence numbers (the first 3 chaaracters) and insrt the alternate sequence 002,004,006,etc. 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have ALREADY imported the files and edited them in LrC you can do this using the technique I outlined in this thread.  The person was doing a book like you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/batch-rename-question/m-p/10397106#M142516

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines