Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Issue - No photos displayed / unable to select

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

there is a sudden issue with my Lightroom CC Classic. Yesterday, everything worked perfectly.

When I am trying to import photos (from any hard drive) Lightroom does not show me any images at all (see screenshot. There should be 6 images in the "photography" folder but not located in subfolders). Therefore, I cannot select images to import.

I have updated to the newest version of Lightroom Classic - it didn`t work in the previous one and it doesn't work now.

I have restarted Lightroom and the computer several times - doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea?

Screenshot - 21_10.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

A while back, someone came up with a possible solution that sounds crazy, but it did work. So please try this.

Click on COPY. I know you want to ADD, but click on COPY anyway. Then, make sure the Destination Panel on the right is present and expanded. Then click back on ADD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to import photos from the Photography folder.

Are there a lot of photos in that folder or in subfolders? Say more than a thousand photos in that folder or in subfolders?

Are there videos in that folder or in subfolders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply!

There must be at least 150 000 photos and some videos in the "raw" subfolder of the photography folder. but the "Photography" folder is on hard disk "D:" and I have the same issue when trying to import from "C:" which does not have more than 50 images (and is a completely different hard disk, not only different drive)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you uncheck "Include subfolders" and then in the LR Folder panel navigate to the exact folder from which you want to import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried that as well. Same issue unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while back, someone came up with a possible solution that sounds crazy, but it did work. So please try this.

Click on COPY. I know you want to ADD, but click on COPY anyway. Then, make sure the Destination Panel on the right is present and expanded. Then click back on ADD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how is that even possible...

it works!!!

thank you so much. I would have never figured that out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue right now, and it didnt work !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you don't have the same issue.

Start a brand new thread, explain your problem in detail, and please add the version NUMBER of your Lightroom and the version NUMBER of your operating system. (We need version NUMBERS and not words like "latest" or "up to date")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj, I have the same importing problem using LR Classic 8.4.1 with my MacOS Catalina 10.15. Not always, but more than half the time when I want to import, the error message No Photos Found appears. Sometimes rebooting LR or reconnecting the external device clears it up, but not always. Any ideas, please and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not dj, but it could be a problem with Catalina, or it could be a problem with the cable you are connecting the external device with. You might try getting a new cable and see if that fixes the problem. With intermittent problems such as you are describing, this would indicate to me that this is some sort of hardware problem rather than a problem with Lightroom unless it is an issue with Catalina. I am a Windows user, so I can only make these types of suggestions to you. Perhaps others will have better suggestions. Your question is tagging onto a discussion that is nearly a year old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, JimHess. I tend to doubt that I have a cable issue since I use different cables to connect my Canon D7 camera and my iPhone. I even sometimes get the No Photos Found message when trying to import from my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having problems importing photos to LR Classic 9.0 from iPhone, Canon D7 camera and even from desktop (macOS Catalina 10.15.1). The "No photos found" error message appears even when I know there are several, or even many dozen, photos there.

With iPhone and D7 camera, I usually have to turn the external device off and back on, and/or disconnect and reconnect it to my computer, often more than once, before LR will locate photos for import.

Importing from the desktop is the worst. Let's say I have just scanned an image to my desktop as a .jpg or .jpeg. The jpg file will show up on the desktop but LR says No Photos Found when I select Desktop as the source. So I move the jpg file into a folder on the desktop and it still cannot be found for import by LR. Very frustrating!

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue, changed 3 versions of Lightroom Classic, tried everything in the forum and finally this did the trick. Funny how Adobe hasn't fixed this in 2 years. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five years later, this bug is still present, and your fix still works.

If anyone wondered how much Adobe really cares about Lightroom Classic… this is a sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works for me with the Destination Panel closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines