Highlighted

Import/move photos directly from Apple Photos library to Lightroom library

Greetings

In moving photos from my Apple Photos library to Lightroom, is there a way to import/move them directly from one library to another? Right now when I want to do it, I export photos from Apple Photos, import them into Lightroom, and then delete them from Apple Photos so I don't have any duplicates.

For the most part, I use Lightroom to edit/organize photos and then Apple Photos to sync across devices

Thanks!

Hi there,

Please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-apple-photos-library.html

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Import/move photos directly from Apple Photos library to Lightroom library

Greetings

In moving photos from my Apple Photos library to Lightroom, is there a way to import/move them directly from one library to another? Right now when I want to do it, I export photos from Apple Photos, import them into Lightroom, and then delete them from Apple Photos so I don't have any duplicates.

For the most part, I use Lightroom to edit/organize photos and then Apple Photos to sync across devices

Thanks!

Hi there,

Please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-apple-photos-library.html

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Import/move photos directly from Apple Photos library to Lightroom library

Hi there,

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks for this!

Actually, I had in mind moving photos a few at a time rather than
converting the entire library. I don't think what you sent has that in mind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 24, 2020

I think you may need to clarify which 'Lightroom' you are using!

Lightroom  OR Lightroom-CLASSIC   (You are posting in a 'Classic' forum)

The link given by Sahil is for 'Lightroom' - not 'Lr-Classic'. Answers would be entirely different.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.2, Lightroom 3.2, Photoshop 2020, Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks for this

I'm using Lightroom Classic. Basically, I'd like to move individual photos in my Photos library directly into Lightroom. Right now what I do is export the photo from Photos, import into Lightroom and then delete the photo from Photos. I'm wondering if there is an easier way. I'm not looking to convert the entire Photos library, just moving individual photos over.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional , Feb 21, 2020

TBMK (not a Mac user!) your method "Right now...." is the way.

Maybe this site may provide more info for you-

https://photofocus.com/software/moving-from-apple-photos-to-lightroom-the-why-and-the-how/

There is a Chapter-

B. Moving Album by Album in Photos to Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.2, Lightroom 3.2, Photoshop 2020, Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines