• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import of Nikon nef files are not longer possible with Lightroom classic under Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import of Nikon nef files are not longer possible with Lightroom classic under Catalina. I copied the nef files from my camera to a folder and can see them there but when I open Lightroom to import that files the folder is empty. I think the problem comes with Catalina. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. I don't believe it's fair to say that Adobe is "not interested" in fixing the problem. There have been numerous posts acknowledging the problems with this new operating system if you have been following the forum at all. If you are following this forum on the computer, on the main page where you see a listing of all the discussions, on the right-hand side, there is a link to provide feedback about the product. That is a link to a forum where the developers monitor much more closely. It would be well for you to express your problem there to make them aware of what you are experiencing because I'm sure they will want to find a remedy, or they might already have one available for you. I am a Windows user, so I don't know of a solution for you. But registering your problem in that forum would be a good starting place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Adobe's problem to fix. There are multiple apps from differnt vendors with same issue as you report. The underlying cause being a change that Apple has applied that impacts on folder and/or drive sharing. Why this particular change should have impacted on a folder/drive with permissions already set for the user is unclear, but various user fixes have been suggested. Unfortunately, not all users have resolved the issue after applying same. In my case, installing the latest (15 October) Supplemental Update fixed the issue, but others haven't been so lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When in the Import screen, on the left, under Source, are you looking in Devices or Files?

1. Catalina has fouled up importing via devices 

2. Even before Catalina, Adobe was getting away from using Devices for import guiding us to use Files

PLEASE USE THE REPLY FROM THE TOP POST WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS.
Helps to show posts in date/time order, improves visibility (as not hidden in a reply to a reply), and is easier to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines