Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import older catalog on ipad

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I'll make it quick to not bother anyone. So my old Imac is down and my old lightroom 5 vesion with it. I have a lightroom catalog file on a hard disk. My question is, can I import this catalog with every info to the ipad version of lightroom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Lr Mobile won't use your catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import the photos from that catalog into Lightroom, or Lightroom on the web, and they will show up in Lightroom on your iPad. This of course requires a Creative Cloud subscription. The syncing between devices works because everything is in the cloud. Any edits, or other metadata you applied to the photos in Lightroom 5 won't come along with them, unless you saved the metadata externally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the general advice here from both Bob and Theresa is that you need to update your LR version to take full advantage of its abilities, which will mean a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines