• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import photos is fubar

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a Windoze update today, I can no longer import photos via LRC 10.3.

When I select 'Import Photos and Video', I see the card, and all of the raw files, but as soon as I click 'Import', LRC switches to the normal import screen, with the 'Copy and import photos' progress bar, and 'Importing files...' in the center of the screen, but nothing happens. No progress bar changes, no thumbnails, no disk activity.

Also, there is no cancel button in the bottom right of the screen.

I can click the 'x' in the progress bar, which turns the 'x' red, then closes the progress bar, but 'File'->'Import Photos and Video' remains greyed out. The only way to bring it back is to close and restart LRC.

I tried resetting LRC preferences, but no dice.

I was able to manually create a '06-10' folder on the drive and copy my raw files into it, then use import set to 'Add', but the library navigator does not show that folder in the correct context i.e. the folder is in the root of the drive, not in '2021/'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things to check;

"When I select 'Import Photos and Video', I see the card, and all of the raw files,"

• I take you are selecting all the photos you want to import.
  • What is your import option choice of "Copy as DNG, COPY, MOVE or ADD"? I sounds like you are doing COPY. If so, have to checked the Destination selected directory to see if they have been copied there? Did you verify that you have WRITE access to that directory and 2nd copy directory?
  • Try manually copying the files from the card to the Destination drive and using ADD.
  • What options are you using on import; previews, make 2nd copy, add to collection, Rename, Apply during import etc ?
  • Do you have "Don't import Suspected Duplicates" selected?

"... as soon as I click 'Import', LRC switches to the normal import screen, with the 'Copy and import photos' progress bar, and 'Importing files...' in the center of the screen, but nothing happens. No progress bar changes, no thumbnails, no disk activity."

• Can you check to make sure there is not a pop up window with some Windows message being hidden by LrC
  • Did you check Task Manager to see what was running  and using resources?

"I can click the 'x' in the progress bar, which turns the 'x' red, then closes the progress bar, but 'File'->'Import Photos and Video' remains greyed out. The only way to bring it back is to close and restart LRC."

Do you only have problems with IMPORT? Are the other modules working ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I've been using LR since v 1.0, so I knew it wasn't anything simple. As I stated, none of the 'copy' options functioned at all and the 'add' function worked, but the manually created directory did not fall in the correct context within the LRC library module. It appeared under the root of the drive, not in the '2021/mm-dd' as it should even though it is in the correct context when viewed in file explorer. No extraneous popups, all other modules appeared to work just fine.

Anyway, the issue seems to have been resolved (with the exception of the erroneous dir structure above). I'm blaming Windoze. After posting, I even tried rolling back the Win updates to no avail. Of course, the ever persistent Windoze reinstalled them overnight, and now the import function is working as normal.  Gremlins!  Thanks again for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I spoke too soon. It appears to be the catalog. When I thought the issue was resolved, I was importing to a different catalog. When I tried to import into my primary catalog, nothing. Unfortunately the apparently corrupted catalog was backed up to my off-site backup, and that restored catalog will not copy files when I try to import.

Created a new catalog, and import is fine, and I can import the previous catalog directories using 'add'. I think all is well, but these things are unsettling to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines