• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems uploading pictures from a SanDisk SD card to Lightroom.  It only uploads 8 pictures then stops.  I have waited to see if it would continue but after 45 minutes nothing happens.  After I cancel the operation, Lightroom will continue to process the 8 pictures (importing the meta and turning the files into DNG.).  I can then repeat the process and it will upload an additional 8 files, but the numbering is off as well.  This is a rescent problem since the update of the programs.  I was trying to up load 38 files.  In this case I was up loading raw files from a Sony rx100m7.  I have also had this problem with the Sony R7 IV.

I originally used Bridge to upload my images but Bridge does not show previews from these two cameras in the bridge uploader, so I can not use that for a work around.  Ironically, I can view the images in Bridge, just not when I want to upload them from the SD card.  I never had problems before trying to off load pictures from the RX100m7.  Perhaps there was a rescent up grade to Lightroom that created this problem.  I would appreciat any help in dealing with this problem.  I am using a Windows computer with plenty of processing power, an I7 16megs of ram.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Yes I can drop and drag the files to my computer, or even load them from the Sony program but I prefer to change the file names and turn them into DNG files at the sametime.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of the import dialog window once you insert the card into a card reader and click the import button in the Library Module of LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not have a screen shot saver on my compturer.  I use the Lightroom upload module for importing pictures.  I have been up loading pictures with it for a while and this problem just started.  I suspect that Lightroom is having trouble with the Sony raw files.  I use to use the Bridge uploader then transfer them into Lightroom.  However the uploader for Bridge can not preview the raw files for the Sony 7RIV or the the Sony RX100M7.  It does show the jpeg files.  I had 38 files on the card that I was trying to download.  All of the files were marked for uploading to the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you do. Both Windows and Mac OS (Mac OS / OS X has had a system for taking screen shots for well over 10 years) has a system and or a program built in to take and save screen shots.

Without them it is extremely hard to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talkinmg about Lightroom the Cloud based program. You posted in the Lightroom CLASSIC forum.

LrC has no Upload Module. It has a Library, Develop, Web, Map, Print modules but No Upload module.

In the Library module there is a button at the bottom left of the screen that says IMPORT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you, outside of LrC, using Windows File Manager, copy those images from the SD card to the desired hard drive, desired folder?

(if this fails, then it is not a LrC problem/cause)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can drop and drag the files to my computer, or even load them from the Sony program but I prefer to change the file names and turn them into DNG files at the sametime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the previous works, can you then in LrC import the images, the ones now on your hard drive,  adding them to your catalog (ADD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try draging and dropping them then batch renaming them in Bridge then load them into lightroom.  If that works, that begs the question of what is going wrong in Lightroom.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you transfering the files directly from the camera, or are you using a card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the card reader on my computer which I never had problems within the past. In the end I transferred the pictures by dragging them on to my computer then batch renaming them in Bridge before moving them into my catalogue in lightroom and then turning them into DNG files. Not very efficient to say the least.

Since posting this I have uploaded pictures from the SD card for my Sony r iv and it worked fine into Lightroom. The uploading problem seems to be intermittent, which is strange. I was if anyone else had this problem. I am uploading into Lightroom Classic.

Thanks for trying to help me.
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote:

The uploading problem seems to be intermittent, which is strange.

End Quote:

Not if you have a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines