• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import problems iPhone 8 to LR5

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message: the following files could not be imported because they could not be read (866). 

The files are .jpg and .mov and some .png

Many files are from 2019 and some from 2018.
They include some live or HDR and some are not. 
They are stored on the cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not be Read" really means that the files "could not be written". (The OS has to know the files can be 'written' before it will 'Read' them. Cryptic- I know!)

The usual reason is that- you do not have a Destination set in the import dialog that is available to Lr and has full read/write permissions.

Check the Destination options. 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I don't think the destination is the problem. I tried to import one photo and it was fine. It was saved to the destination on my external hard drive. I then tried a batch of 100 and I had problems again. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a start- LR5 does NOT have any Cloud capabilities at all. So the files you want to import to LR5 must be local on a connected hard-drive. You would need to import (Copy) them direct from the iphone as if it were a usb connected drive.

Give us more details of you system and App versions, stating exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The photos are on my phone as well as the cloud, and I am trying to download from cable connection as I have in the past. I have OS X 10.8.5 on an older iMac with 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo. LR version 5.7.1. It would be more affordable to upgrade LR than buy a new system right now. I would like to postpone buying a new system for a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The upgrade to Lightroom is not supported by your existing system so what you are trying to achieve is not physically possible.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines