Highlighted

Import RAF files FujiXT4 to LR 6.14 perpetual lic

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have seen similar posts but no definitive answer if LR plans to make this available to users. I have the 6.14 standalone version and still does not work for me as others have posted before. I am not up to do multiple workarounds for a feature the the product shold provide. It is forcing me to switch to Capture One when I have beenusing LR for years. LR you suck at customer centric products! Anyone from LR can please officially answer if I would be able to import RAF files?

Brenda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import RAF files FujiXT4 to LR 6.14 perpetual lic

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have seen similar posts but no definitive answer if LR plans to make this available to users. I have the 6.14 standalone version and still does not work for me as others have posted before. I am not up to do multiple workarounds for a feature the the product shold provide. It is forcing me to switch to Capture One when I have beenusing LR for years. LR you suck at customer centric products! Anyone from LR can please officially answer if I would be able to import RAF files?

Brenda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has made it absolutely clear that they will never ever ever update Lightroom 6 or earlier.

Now, I just know a complaint is coming. But I paid for it, etc. Read your End User License Aggrement. You paid for the use of Lightroom. Read further and you will find, Adobe will not support after 3 years past products sunset.

Especially if in Europe, I can see, but the law... Nope, already brought into courts. Adobe prevailed.

So, what to do, as you apparently are doing, use third party RAF to DNG converters (like Iridient X-Transformer) or the Adobe DNG converter.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>> I have the 6.14 standalone version 

The X-T4 was first supported by Lightroom Classic 9.2.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

New camera updates for earlier versions of Lightroom are not available and won't be.

You can download the free DNG converter from Adobe, convert your X-T4 Raw files to DNG format then import the converted DNG files into Lightroom 6.14.

>>>I am not up to do multiple workarounds for a feature the the product shold provide.

Bear in mind that this issue has been created by the camera manufacturers, not Adobe or other software vendors. Adobe foresaw this situation of being forced to forever support proprietary Raw file formats for new cameras nearly 20 years ago. They invented the DNG format for this very reason. All camera makers have to do is include a Save to DNG setting in camera and then everyone can import their out-of-camera DNG files without having to upgrade their software.

Unfortunately camera makers have mostly ignored the DNG format and stuck to closed, proprietary Raw file formats. This forces software vendors such as Adobe, Capture One and others to forever provide updates to support new cameras since every camera comes with its own proprietary Raw file format. So far these updates have been provided for free for current software versions, with the caveat that older software versions will not receive the updates for new cameras.

This primarily affects people who stick to their old software version but buy new cameras. They're faced with the choice of upgrading the software or converting all photos to DNG.

>>> It is forcing me to switch to Capture One when I have beenusing LR for years.

Capture One's support is the same as Adobe's. The X-T4 is supported in the current version 20 but not earlier versions.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002718118-Camera-models-and-RAW-files-support-in...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 1
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is that Adobe has moved on from Lightroom 6.14. It is a dead product and is no longer supported. If you are serious about using Lightroom then subscription is the path to take. If you aren't willing to go that direction then Lightroom isn't a good choice anymore. Lightroom Classic has advanced by leaps and bounds since the days of Lightroom 6.14. It's not just camera support, it really is a much more powerful program in my opinion. You can fight the subscription plan all you want, but it has proven successful and isn't going away. If you want to stay with 6.14 then Adobe offers the free DNG converter. If that isn't a suitable alternative, and you don't want to go the creative cloud route then Adobe products are not a good choice for you anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 1