Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Settings not transferring

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!  

I use a separate lightroom catalog for each session / client.  When I cull my images I flag and star them.  Then when I'm finished and ready to export, I will go through them once again and 5 star the ones we want to use for social media.  

I then will import the images again in my portfolio catalog so that I can keep my entire year in one catalog to use for web and social media purposes.  (We used to put the entire year of sessions in one catalog, but by the end of the year, the catalog became too large and slowed the culling process down exponentially.) However, my flag settings and my 5 star ratings are not showing up upon import into this new catalog, just the 1 star ratings.  Any ideas on what might be happening to cause this?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it figured out for any of those that may find themselves in this same boat.   When you do any changes inside of lightroom (develop changes, star ratings, etc)  and want them to show up in other applications, or even in other lightroom catalogs, you must save the xmp file so that they will show up elsewere.  A fast shortcut for this is Command+S.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines