• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Texture JPEGs in Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded some texture jpegs for import to Lightroom classic, no matter what I tried I could not accomplish this task. Are textures only for photoshop.  Any help you can give me. Would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time and trouble.

[Mod: Title changed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing JPGs? Do you see any error messages?

Explain more details of why you "...could not accomplish this task..."

You can Import any JPG photo to the LrC Library and that includes photos of textures.

Lightroom-Classic cannot blend textures with other photos- that is a job for Photoshop.

Select both a photo, and a texture photo, then [Edit in Photoshop as Layers]. Blend in Photoshop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Wobert says, there's nothing within LRC that would say no to JPGs of textures but yes to JPGs of Aunt  

After doing an import into LR, if you can't find them, in the Library mode look on the left upper side and you'll find an option for Previous Import. That "should" have your new textures (unless you've imported other things as well).

2021-03-01_08-51-51.png

Then, down in the thumbnails, if you click on one of those images, you can see the bird trail of where they are in your folder structure.

Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that cleared things up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

Did it work? did you find your textures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines