Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import to Lightroom from iOS

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've tried importing pictures and videos for the first time from my iphone to mac to free up some space. 

On iphone it says that photos & documents take 172GB, but after import that folder on mac is only 79GB. Why is there so much difference and how to check whats lost (if anything)?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably referring to the iphone storage view for Photos in the settings app? That amount includes all the lower resolution previews at multiple sizes that it stores to be able to quickly scroll through your images in the photos app. It also includes the database it maintains. When you import from your phone directly to your desktop you only get the full resolution images, so the difference is likely in the preview images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, so almost 100GB difference for actual 79GB of data? So you think I can clear up pics from my iphone without fear after lightroom import? 

Any way to compate and double check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No automated way. You can only compare this manually but that difference is not outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines