• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import window - stop opening!!

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic 9.1 and whenever I change catalogs the import window starts.  The "show import dialog when memory card is detected" option is un-ticked and in Windows 10 I assigned "do nothing" when a memory card is detected. This started about 2 weeks ago and it's driving me CRAZY. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a card in reader connected to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy. I do have a usb3 card reader connected. In the year(s) it's been plugged in I've never experienced the import issue with Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unplugged the card reader and the import dialog still starts whenever I change catalogs. I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have anyhing, other than your card reader, connected to a USB port?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes a joystick, Colormunki sensor, and Oculus Rift headset and sensors. But those have been plugged in for years... and I haven't had this problem for years... until now. Nothing in my system has changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well let me put it this way.

Unless you have something connected to your system that is showing up as a removeable drive and has images on it the LR Classic import dialog would not be opening.

It has something to do with your computer, the install of LR on your computer or something connected to your computer.

I'm running Win 10 and just started LR then switch to a Test catalog I have for testing and comparing images from other camera. There is a Logitech USB reciever with keyboard and mouse synced to it, a Samsung 500GB T1 USB 3 drive and a SD card reader connected.

when either opening LR or switching catalogs the import dialog window does NOT open. 

So it is something on your system.

First thing to try is to Delete the LR Classic Preferences file. you do that with LR Closed. Then restart your system and open LR.

The location of the LR preferences is here.

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\

Just Delete the CatalogName.agprefs file you find there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shooter. I deleted the preferences and so far, it seems to work! My fingers are crossed that it's not a temporary fix.

Many Thanks!

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any memory card connected? You stated no 

Any camera connected?

Any Android device connected?

Any flash memory connected?

Any smart phone connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No camera, phone or flash memory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen when Lightroom is already running and you switch catalogs via the File>Open Recent or Open Catalog command, and not when you first start Lightroom? If so, that sounds like a bug which was reported to Adobe several years ago but which they were not able to reproduce.....I have a couple of catalogs on which that problem still occurs (it may be a Windows-only problem) and I have in the past made one of those catalogs available to Adobe for testing, but they could not reproduce the problem on their systems even with my catalog.

It might be worth you reporting the problem at the official Adobe feedback site, as you might have more chance of getting an engineer to look at the issue. https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines