• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Presets always end up stray in USER folder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed several tutorials about installing XMP presets in Lightroom Classic.  In all examples that I've seen, after imported, the presets show up in a properly labeled folder under the regular 'Presets' folder.  However, in my case, they always end up as a stray mess (no folder) under 'User Presets'.    Why is it not behaving as I see in the tutorials?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That changed a couple years ago see the link below for more info.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/classic-import-profiles-presets/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preset sorting is now based on the Cluster setting inside the preset rather than the folder it physically exists inside. So unless the preset has this set, it will end up in User Presets. And now that I've posted this, maybe it'll be documented somewhere.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines