Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a photo into another photo (layering) in Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Lr V4.0 on Mac and I am trying to import one photo into another, pretty much like layering. I want to be able to load one photo into another and be able to crop/resize it.

I have done extensive research and found some people online were able to do it using the 'Print' feature, however I don't seem to have that. 

Is this something I can do on Lr? or am I going to need Photoshop for that?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

By far the best and non-destructive method would be to use the "Edit in Photoshop" command, available from within Lightroom Classic.

If you have your Sort settings set appropriately in the Library Grid view, the result will appear next to the original as part of a Stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By far the best and non-destructive method would be to use the "Edit in Photoshop" command, available from within Lightroom Classic.

If you have your Sort settings set appropriately in the Library Grid view, the result will appear next to the original as part of a Stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Tony! I was hoping I can get away without using PS, but this did the trick easier than I expected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming 'late to the party'!

Yes you can use the Print Module in Lightroom-Classic by using a [Custom Package] and adding as many cells as you need for 'layering' photos in a collage. Then set the Print Job to [Print To:  JPEG]

But not as flexible as doing it in Photoshop. And ONLY in Photoshop if you use Lightroom-Desktop v4.0 (Cloud based)

ScreenShot025.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have the wrong version of Lr installed. you have Lightroom desktop thje Cloud Based version and you need Lightroom CLASSIC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines