• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing catalog from external drive in Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting tethered to a surface pro in Lightroom but I want to transfer those photos/files to my main computer. I understand the export catalog to an external hard drive part but am having trouble bringing them into Lightroom on my main computer?? How do import them into Lightroom so they show up in all pictures and not just as a separate catalog ??

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

As you're looking to move the catalog to a different computer, please have a look at this article and see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html#HowdoImoveacatalog

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply use 'Import from Another Catalog' on the main computer, and import the catalog you exported from the Surface Pro.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johan 

I tried this once but the photos only showed up in the new catalog and not all photos as I was hoping for. Also when I tried to edit any in the develop module it said files not found. Making me think they had not imported correctly. 

The idea is to shoot teathered and pick favourites, star images and maybe minor edits. So this is why I understand I need to export as a catalog to save above changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines