• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing double images

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my images from my XQD card reader I am getting two copies of each image.  This just started a few days ago.  It is a pain as I have to go through all imports and delete the first image that says the number and 2.  Does anyone know why this would happen out of the blue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revisit with the card in camera. When looking at images in camera, do the extras show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a whim but perhaps by accident "Do not import suspected duplicates" has become unchecked? If not, Lightroom is notoriously bad at recognizing it already has the file if it thinks there is a microsecond difference in the capture or file creation time. It doesn't just look at the file name but also considers a lot of other metadata and if anything is different it thinks it doesn't have it already. Not sure why the files on your XQD card would have changed though but perhaps a driver for the reader got updated and it registers slightly different now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this was the problem.  I checked the box and it worked for one import.  When I imported another batch they came double again.  I guess I have to tick the box every time.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines