• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing files : How to use the mac "finder" instead of the lightroom import window ?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello helpers !

I'm using the last version of Lightroom Classic on a mac, and my question is :
Is there any way to import files by using the finder instead of the lightroom interface ?

I find it really time consuming, because it doesn't remember the path of the last imported files, I have to unroll all folders and even the unrolling action is slow...

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click at the top right of the import dialog. There you will see all recent paths. Or create an import preset at the bottom center of the import dialog. That will store the path and all the other settings.

1 2020-02-10 12-24-14.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan,

Problem with the first method you show on the picture, is that it only allows to access to the last folder of the path.
Sadly, it does not unroll the path on the left side of the window...
So the navigation trough child folders stays painful 😣

For the second method with the presets saving at the bottom center : I don't know if I'm doing it bad but it does not remember the path I give 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the recent import sources, click in the "Select a Source" box at the top of the left-hand panel to display them (the most recent will be at the top).

Import Presets, unfortunately, do not allow the import source to be set, only the destination folder and the import settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah unfortunately that's what I witnessed...
Thanks anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why don't you import new images directly from the memory card (via a card reader)? That is what most people do, and that is why they don't have that problem. The card is selected automatically.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I'm plainly working with somebody else's files !
But thanks, I'll remember that tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines