• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Folders with Subfolders not working

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing Folder with Subfolders checked puts all photos into the parent folder and doesn't keep the subfolders structure from my external hard drive. I then try to add a subfolder inside of Lightroom and move the appropriate files in, but I can't do that. Upon moving the file, I get the message that the file is already in the subfolder, but the number is on "0"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Importing Folder with Subfolders checked puts all photos into the parent folder and doesn't keep the subfolders structure from my external hard drive."

Are you using ADD when you import, or COPY or MOVE?

I then try to add a subfolder inside of Lightroom and move the appropriate files in, but I can't do that. Upon moving the file, I get the message that the file is already in the subfolder, but the number is on "0"

Show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is because you are using either Copy or Move at the top of the import dialog window.

You should be using Add. That is unless you really do want to copy or move the images during the import process. 

What exactly do you want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines