• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from another catalogue and changed accordingly if the main catalogue is edited.

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have main catalogue which is my primary source of editing and changes. I created second catalogue by importing from the main catalogue, sort of sub-project that refer to the main catalogue. Should I make change in the main catalogue, is there a way to refresh the change from main catalogue into the sub catalogue ? Hopefully adobe will incorporate this in upcoming version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... is there a way to refresh the change from main catalogue into the sub catalogue ?

No. Your main catalog and your sub catalog are separate files and doesn't have any connections together.

Why you work with separate catalogs? Data inconsistences are preassigned.

Better you organize your photos in one catalog and use collections.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plan is that other catalogue is reading from various main catalogues for an ad hoc project. That way I can import as many main catalogues into the other catalogue without affecting the main catalogue, no deleting or major editing involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no automatic way to do this. The two catalogs know nothing about each other.

To refresh the sub-catalog, you will need to do another manual "import from catalog".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines