Importing from iPhone X to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• iPhone X, iOS 13.4.1
  • MacBook Pro, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • Lightroom Classic, 9.2.1

Hello!  I am new to Lightroom.  I am trying to import my photos/videos from my iPhone to Lightroom Classic by directly plugging my iPhone into my MacBook Pro.  On my first import, everything worked great, but all subsequent imports stall out.  See below for different import stall outs:

• 815 photos imported of 815
  • 4,461 imported of 5,101
  • 214 imported of 249
  • 95 imported of 100
  • 5 imported of 6

In each scenario, the import gets pretty far, but just not all the way through.  Nothing is crashing and the Lightroom software itself doesn't freeze... the import just stays "hung," not importing the remaining items.

When I ultimately stop the import, I get the message "The following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable."  The files listed as not imported are generally ". MOV" files (please note, only some .MOVs aren't imported but many many others are) and if I go back and try to individually import these files that were listed as not imported, they import fine.

This feels like a nightmare... I would like to import all 16,000+ of my iPhone photos/videos in chunks in folders by year, but if only ~90% are importing, it feels impossible to get a complete set.

I have plenty of storage on my hard drive.  And I have tried resetting my Lightroom preferences.

HELP!!!!!  Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing from iPhone X to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• iPhone X, iOS 13.4.1
  • MacBook Pro, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • Lightroom Classic, 9.2.1

Hello!  I am new to Lightroom.  I am trying to import my photos/videos from my iPhone to Lightroom Classic by directly plugging my iPhone into my MacBook Pro.  On my first import, everything worked great, but all subsequent imports stall out.  See below for different import stall outs:

• 815 photos imported of 815
  • 4,461 imported of 5,101
  • 214 imported of 249
  • 95 imported of 100
  • 5 imported of 6

In each scenario, the import gets pretty far, but just not all the way through.  Nothing is crashing and the Lightroom software itself doesn't freeze... the import just stays "hung," not importing the remaining items.

When I ultimately stop the import, I get the message "The following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable."  The files listed as not imported are generally ". MOV" files (please note, only some .MOVs aren't imported but many many others are) and if I go back and try to individually import these files that were listed as not imported, they import fine.

This feels like a nightmare... I would like to import all 16,000+ of my iPhone photos/videos in chunks in folders by year, but if only ~90% are importing, it feels impossible to get a complete set.

I have plenty of storage on my hard drive.  And I have tried resetting my Lightroom preferences.

HELP!!!!!  Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After additional trial and error, looks like it is not importing certain .MOV files related to Live photos.  For the time being, I have decided not to import any .MOV files, so that solves my issue for now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0