Highlighted

Importing images from SD-card

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following problem I have:

In the past, before an update from LR, it was possible to import my images directly from a SD-card into LR, but after an update it was not possible anymore.

The SD-card, mensioned Nikon D7200, is visible in LR but it says in the main screen that the are no images found on the card, but I know they are on it.

To import the images from the card I copy them first to an external disk and from there I can import them into LR.

Can somebody help me to sove this problem that I can import directly from the SD-card?

I work with an Apple iMac with Catalina 10.15.4 and LR-CC version 9.2

Regards, Tim

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing images from SD-card

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following problem I have:

In the past, before an update from LR, it was possible to import my images directly from a SD-card into LR, but after an update it was not possible anymore.

The SD-card, mensioned Nikon D7200, is visible in LR but it says in the main screen that the are no images found on the card, but I know they are on it.

To import the images from the card I copy them first to an external disk and from there I can import them into LR.

Can somebody help me to sove this problem that I can import directly from the SD-card?

I work with an Apple iMac with Catalina 10.15.4 and LR-CC version 9.2

Regards, Tim

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What update?

There is a problem with permissions in Catalina that could cause this, but as I am not a Mac person, you'll have to search the forums for the details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check that there is a Valid folder selected in the Destination section of the Import dialog window. Without a Valid folder being selected (what I mean by a Valid folder is one that your UseName has the permissions to Write to that folder) no images will be displayed in the center section of the import window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that Lightroom has the necessary permissions.

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0