• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing images

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's about 1000 pics in a desktop folder that I'm trying to import into Lightroom Classic. When I attempt to import, Lightroom only shows about 600 pics in the folder before I import (--all are same file type--). I've tried renaming & creating a new folder to put them in (same result) ...splitting into two folders (same result) ...moving folder to a different location (same result). 

Any thoughts? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possibility is that these photos won't import because they have previously been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to see a screen shot of what you are seeing in the Import dialog window.

But we get posts liuke this all the time.

More than likely those other images are already in the LrC catalog file and that is why you don't see them or they are greyed out.

In the import diaolg near the top select All Photos and Not New Photos. Do the other show up and are greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 7.13.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot is posted of what I see. "All photos" is checked and still just 600ish photos appear in folder. Missing ones aren't grayed out. There's no other Lightroom albums or catalogs that I know of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok how about showing a screen shot of a Finder window showing that there are well over that 606 number in the folder 09.05.20 (Tment 1).

Are the files that seem to be missing Nikon NEF files or some other file extension?

Bottom line is for whatever reason the Import system of LrC is not seeing those other files AS Image files.

What happens if you double click on one of the files that are missing from the LrC import window? What program or dialog window opens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be wonderful if you could share a screen capture. Often this occurs when an image has already been imported into Lr, which would show the image files as greyed out. The screen capture is a great place to start.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP Has included a screen shot of the Import window and it is only showing 606 images available from a folder that the OP claims there are over, Or Just, 1000 images in that folder. He/she also stated that there are none Greyed out in the import dialog with the All Photos option selected.

Scroll up a few posts and you will see the screen shot that was included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that screenshot, under Desktop, I see 2 very similar folders, at the desktop

9.05.20 (FZ Tment 1)

9.05.20 (FZ Tment 2)

you have the first, is it possible that the other photos are in the second?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines