• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using LR 6, ( which was the one off payment deal ) well was. Just upgraded my Mac to Catalina and since then had problems with importing, with the message  'Cannot read or the destination file is not writable'. Does this mean the that LR 6 is not compatible with Catelina and will i now have to do a monthly subsciption ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably means that Catalina is using the default privacy and security settings. You'll need to open System Preferences>Security & Privacy panel then add the disk/locations you are happy for LrC to have access to. See attached screenshot for an example.

security-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a similar problem with my newly purchased Lightroom account. (I have Creative Cloud). In system preferences on my Mac there is no Files and Folders option , I did click on the Lightroom icon to give access but still can't get to the photos. it  continually gives me the message ' No images that can be imported were found in the selected source. Can you help please.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jogger1

This is a different error message than the original post, and it would be best if you started a different thread, and describe the problem in detail and provide the following information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ianā€™s advice should enable you to overcome the problem you are experiencing with importing new images.

In response to your specific question the answer is no Lightroom 6 is not supported in Catalina, however itā€™s working as it was installed prior to you upgrading your OS, do not uninstall as you will be unable to reinstall.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27ā€ mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines